Imagine a house filled with friends! Dorothy Mazeau joins us in this episode to reimagine our home for fun, companionship–and income! Dorothy draws on her more than 20 years of experience living in shared homes to promote an alternative for nursing homes and a way for Boomers to not live alone. She will also talk about her personal mission as a long-time community advocate, as well as the many benefits of home sharing. Join me in this episode and learn why Dorothy is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 01:30] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Dorothy Mazeau
- What is home sharing?
[01:31 – 11:32] Home Sharing 101
- Get started with home sharing with these tips from Dorothy
- Compatibility matters
- Don’t miss Dorothy’s home sharing stories!
[11:33 – 20:19] Why Home Sharing?
- Loneliness is not healthy
- Listen to Dorothy’s thoughts
- Why you should consider home sharing
- Financial benefits
- Environmental benefits
[20:20 – 22:38] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“[Home sharing is] finding people that you’ll really bond with and create a strong relationship.” – Dorothy Mazeau
“If you’re a healthy, able body that makes your own decisions, go for it.” – Dorothy Mazeau